Muck Rack Alerts help you easily monitor digital, traditional, social media for press hits, broadcast clips, mentions of keywords, topics, company names and more.
When to create an Alert
Muck Rack Alerts are most effective when set up before starting a campaign and while researching for new opportunities. With daily or multiple times per day alerts, you’ll receive emails whenever a journalist writes a new article, breaks news on Twitter, shares relevant stories, or whenever there is new broadcast coverage.
What to monitor in an Alert
We recommend setting up Muck Rack Alerts to be notified whenever new content is published, or when a journalist shares content that mentions:
- Your company, brand, or client’s name
- Names of products
- Twitter handles and hashtags associated with your brand, campaigns, or events
- Competing brand and product names
- Competing brands’ Twitter handles and hashtags
- Complementary brands or products
- (e.g., If your brand is JIF peanut butter, also monitor Smuckers jelly)
- Other related terms and hashtags, for example “streaming video” or #biopharma
When you receive a Muck Rack Alert
Muck Rack Alerts kickstart multiple workflows to help you build better relationships and report on press hits. When you receive a new Muck Rack Alert, consider:
- Adding journalists writing articles and sharing content to a Media List
- Adding relevant articles to a Coverage Report
- Using Who Shared My Link for an individual article report on a story
- Saving and creating a shareable link for any broadcast coverage
Like Media Lists, Reports and Pitches, Muck Rack Alerts can be shared with others at your organization with a Muck Rack login or made private to only you. An Alert shared with only you will not be visible to any of your teammates in Muck Rack. Alerts shared with your organization will be visible for your teammates in Muck Rack and any teammate can subscribe to also receive that Alert. You can also subscribe your teammates if you think they should receive the Alert. All teammates subscribed to an Alert will be included in the to: field of the Muck Rack Alert delivered, so you can easily reply all and start a conversation with your team.
Here's a great guide on search best practices to help refine and target your results: Search Best Practices