The green verified badge on Muck Rack lets people know that a profile page meets Muck Rack’s criteria to be defined as a verified journalist, and that the information is maintained by Muck Rack’s Editorial team. It also gives you unlimited access to some of Muck Rack’s more powerful tools.
There are many ways to make your profile more complete and easier to discover. Though not required, we recommend:
- Connecting your Twitter account and providing other, up-to-date social media profiles like Facebook or LinkedIn
- Completing your Muck Rack biography and pitching preferences
- Uploading pieces to your portfolio to be featured
Each request and account is verified by actual humans, and all decisions are made at our discretion.
If you're not verified, you can still enjoy Muck Rack's free tools:
- A portfolio tool to showcase your best work
- Share a detailed biography and specify the topics you cover (or don’t)
- Make updates to your page as your career progresses
- Who Shared My Link