Custom Contacts let you easily pitch and track relationship history with people you don’t find in Muck Rack’s database. You can add Custom Contacts to any Media List or from your organization’s Custom Contacts list.
Custom Contacts can be created for people or generic email addresses like news desks. When adding a Custom Contact, if we find a match to an existing Muck Rack profile, we’ll add the maintained Muck Rack profile to your Media Lists instead.
Adding a Custom Contact
- Select a Media List or go to your organization’s Custom Contacts
- From the Media List, click Add Contact and Add Custom Contact
- From the Custom Contacts page, click Add Contact
- Choose Person or Generic Contact (e.g. news desk emails)
- Enter your Custom Contact’s information
Editing a Custom Contact
- Find your Custom Contact in a Media List or your organization’s Custom Contacts list
- In the Actions menu, select Edit
- Update your Custom Contact’s information (if you need to edit the email address or Twitter handle, please contact us)
Need to add Custom Contacts in bulk? Please contact us.