Custom Columns in Coverage Reports allow you to add your organization’s unique data to your press hits, enabling you to work with the most up-to-date coverage directly in Muck Rack.
- From any Coverage Report, click Settings & Sharing in the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to the custom columns: Campaign, Category, Media Strategy, People Mentioned, Placement Type and Products Mentioned.
- When you toggle any of these columns ON, a field will appear where you can enter the column choices relevant to your organization.
- After adding your choices (up to 15 per each column), click Save at the bottom to ensure your new columns will be reflected in your report.
- In the Articles tab of your report, scroll to your new custom columns and click Edit, for a pop-up to appear that allows you to edit a given article’s data.
- Select the choices for your custom columns in the Edit Article pop-up and click Save. For example, assign the Placement Type “Feature” to your recent feature in The New York Times.
- These choices will now appear in the tableview and any exports.
You’ll notice the custom columns for Media Strategy and Placement Type have a few recommended choices added by Muck Rack—given their universality. You can use the recommendations or simply remove or add on to them as best suits your team.